On Friday 4th March 2016, we will hold a national colloquium, bringing together senior leaders and governing board members in five hubs across England, connected together through the Internet. Hubs are in Birmingham (The Studio), East Sussex (Plumpton College), Liverpool (Hugh Baird College), London (Institute of London, UCL) and Sheffield (In Touch Care). 9:30 for 10:00am start and 13:00pm finish for lunch.
Key note speakers
- Paul Joyce, Deputy Director of FE and Skills, OfSTED
- Dr Ron Hill, a national FE Governance adviser
The national colloquium will provide opportunities to:
- explore how leaders and governors across England are responding to the challenges and opportunities created by the GCSE maths and English policy landscape;
- work collaboratively across the five hubs, both locally and nationally, to pinpoint issues and solutions;
- hear from OfSTED’s Deputy Director for FE and Skills Paul Joyce about effective strategic practice in GCSE English and maths;
- hear from a leading FE Governance expert, Dr Ron Hill, about how governors and senior leadership teams can scrutinise maths and English developments for learners and staff;
- network with peers locally (face-to-face) and across England (virtually); and
- take away practical resources to support effective governance and leadership in GCSE English and maths.
You can view the final agenda here.
Date: Friday 4th March 2016 (9.30 for 10.00am start and 13.00 close followed by lunch)
Fee: £100 (15% discount available if you are a member of the Society for Education and Training – SET)
Places are limited so book soon using the links below:
Birmingham (The Studio)
East Sussex (Plumpton College)
Liverpool (Hugh Baird College)
London (Institute of Education, UCL)
Sheffield (In Touch Care)
If you need any help in booking on to your colloquium hub please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will assist you. If you are paying by a purchase order further details here.
You can also find more information on The Education and Training Foundation’s Excellence in Leadership, Management and Governance potal , ELMAG.